Friday, February 20, 2009

Old Friends

How do you say,"Good-Bye"?


It all started 8 years ago when I saw them sitting on the display in the fly shop I was guiding for. They were perfect and I had to have them. Well I bought them and have been on many, many adventures over the years. They have been in streams in 6 states including 2 summer tours in Alaska. In all these years I have put at least 700+ days in these boots and not once did the ever let me down.



Now they are ready for retirement. In their birth they were the mighty Simms Guide Boot and now, to the average person, they are a beat up and weathered ole' pair of boots. To me, though, they are a portal to the many days I have spent pursuing fish in the wonder of the places they live. But make note that I said, "Retire" as there is no chance I will be throwing them away.



I was never good at, "Good-Bye's".

No comments: